A sinus is a cavity within a bone or other tissue that connecting a nasal cavity to skull or the bones of the face. The sinuses have some role that one of them is for producing mucus to help moisturize the nasal passage. The other role is to help moisturize the nasal passage and ward off pollutants also microorganisms. It fills an air so that it helps to light the weight of your skull.
However, when the sinus flesh converts irritated or inflamed, the cavities can seal with watery and the result is blocked the nose. When the blocked fluid in your nose becomes infected, the sinusitis occurs as the result of fungal, viral, or bacterial colonization. The commons sinus headache symptoms caused by an infection and inflammation of the nasal passages. Those lead to congestion and occur pain and pressure in the forehead and behind the cheekbones.
It is a kind of headache that may feel like an infection in the sinus. Feeling pressure around your, cheeks, and forehead perhaps occurs when you are having sinus headache. However, sometimes the incorrect assume often happen between sinusitis headache and migraine including many people who have received such a diagnosis. The diagnosis of sinus headache is nearly 90% migraine. Migraine is associated with forehead and facial pressure over the sinuses, nasal congestion, and runny nose.
Asking yourself these below question how to know the differentiation:
- How disabling are your headaches in the last three months?
- Does it disturb your activity through absent your activities such as school, work, and family?
- Are your headache eve associated with nausea?
- Are you getting sensitivity to light?
If two of the answer of those all criteria are present, possibility of migraine is 93%. and if three of them are present, a migraine diagnosis is 98% likely. Migraine headache is normally disabling and not for sinus headache. The symptoms of the sinus headache often depend on the length and severity of the infection.
1. The symptoms of sinus headache:
- Pain, tension and fullness in your cheeks, top or brow and round the sinuses. These areas probably tender to the touch.
- Deteriorating pain if you get movement such as bend onward or lie down.
- Stuffy nose or congestion nose. It is a kind of the air obstructed to flow in or out. This condition seem like blocked nose.
- Fatigue. It is a common problem include a physical and mental state of being extremely tired.
- Achy feeling in your upper teeth.
- Nasal discharge.
- Reducing of the smell.
In more advanced cases, these symptoms below are present probably:
- Tiredness or exhausted
- High temperature of headache
- Getting toothache
2. How to get rid of a sinus headache fast
A stuffy feeling in your nose that lasts for a few days and it develops into pain along the nasal and forehead area could be more than a simple cold. The mucus that block the passageway make to breath difficulty and trigger to intolerable sinus headache. Here are some techniques to help you rid your sinus headache:
- Massage facial pressure points
The face has a number of pressure points that when stimulated instantly relieve sinus headaches. It is the area between your eyes, just above of the bridge of the nose. Pushing on it use your middle finger for a while around 45 seconds. It can help you to regulate mucus section and relieves pain in the frontal sinuses. Other option, taking facial massages on the forehead for around 5 to 10 minutes can reduce your intensity of your sinus headache.
- Inter charge hot and cold compresses
The steps are place a hot compress across your forehead and cheeks where your sinuses are for around three minutes. Afterward, replace it with a cold compress immediately for just 30 seconds. You can do it for two or three more times as necessary to ward of the terrible headache.
- Standing in a steamy shower
Some people like to use this technique for getting rid of sinus headache. Standing in a moist shower and breathing intensely will also open up the nasal routes and allow for drainage to sinus problem. It is suggestion that do not stand too long to avoid woozy.
- Consuming Ginger
Ginger is one of the well-known natural anti-inflammatory properties. You can mix a tea with a ginger. It is for soothing and pressure-reducing treatment for your sinus headache. Another benefit you get that it will help you relieve sinusitis symptoms such as sore throat, particularly if you add some honey.
- Using neti pot
Using neti pot can help you to rinse out the sinus cavity but can be tricky at first. By cleaning your nasal passages using distilled water and salt can help you to drain mucus more effectively.
- Eating spicy food
- Taking enough rest
It is difficult for you who has many activities. It can a challenged for you to just sit around and do nothing, but bed rest for a day or two days can be the most effective method to relief the back.
How to relieve headache pressure
Sinus headache will get to worse when it takes too long symptoms. It could be a acute or chronic disease of sinusitis. One of the sign is occurring high pressure in your face. It is an incredible common when you are having experiencing pain and discomfort of a headache. Pressure points are the part of body believed to be extra sensitive and those able to relief in body. There are some well-known technique of pressure points, here are they:
- Onion valley
It located on the web between your thumb and index fingers. This type of pressure point treatment is believed to relief tension of the part of head and neck. The tension is often associated with headache.
- Drilling bamboo
The points are located at the indentations on side of the spot where the bridge of your nose meets the ridge of eyebrow. This technique can relieve headache cause of eyestrain and sinus pain. Almost of people use this type for relieving sinus headache.
- Third eye
This type is very helpful to relieve the sinus headache. The location is found between two eyebrows where the bridge of your nose meets your forehead. How to work it is using the index finger of one hand to apply firm pressure this area. Do it for a minute.
- Gates of consciousness
The location of consciousness gate pressure points is at the base of the skull in the parallel hollow areas between the two of vertical muscles of neck. How to do it is just place your index middle fingers of their hand onto the pressure points. Then press firmly upward on both sides at once for around 10 seconds, repeat it then.
- Shoulder well
To apply firm touch to the shoulder well pressure point. It can help relieve stiffness in neck and shoulders pain also preventing headache. This shoulder well is located at the edge of the shoulders, a halfway between shoulders point and the base of neck.
How to prevent sinus headache
It is danger to keep your sinus headache in body. These technique and home preventing could you to minimize your exposure to allergy and lower your risk of getting a sinus headache.
- Improving your air quality with an air filtration system. To help prevent mold growth, you can choose HEPA filters and a dehumidifier.
- Keeping everything tidy such as vacuuming frequently, washing linens in hot water and dry them immediately
- Keeping pets outdoor of your room, especially with fluffy pets.
- Planing ahead and check weather forecasts and pollen counts before head out. Using hot, dry, windy days can be the best choices.
- Avoid the morning out. The pollen is being highest in early the day. If you want to go outside, it is better just for having sport or exercise. Drinking hot water can reduce your sinus headache.
- Keeping allergy outdoors where they belong. Having shower after outdoors can help you to minimize the risk of sinus headache.
- Practising the way of good hand hygiene and avoid smoking either second hand smoke.
- Staying away from people who get cold and other respiratory infections.
- Avoiding allergy wherever of the possibility.
Almost of the sinus headache symptom accompanied by congestion. And the congestion is the common symptom getting sinus headache. It is very rare having experience of sinus headache without congestion. Sometimes, headache that occur without congestion are not sinus headache at all.
Some people have a sinus pressure in ear. The sinus is connected inside your head. So that the sinus congestion and stuffiness can affect your ears. How to relieve sinus pressure in ear is by treating the congestion at all. Treatment of the sinus headache and pressure face also can help you to reduce your pressure in ear.
You have to be careful to decide your sinus headache or migraine. Find the correct symptom of them. These all above may be able to help you knowing the sinus headache symptom and how to rid it well. Being sick is just your body’s way too awesome, and you need to slow down, so everyone else can catch up.